Thursday, March 28, 2013

The Perks Of Being A Wallflower

I'm going to devote this whole post about The Perks Of Being A Wallflower just to tell all of you how much I loved the movie and the book!

I downloaded the e-book for The Perks Of Being A Wallflower way before the movie came out as I knew that I will never actually own book. I really wanted to read it and so I read the e-book and I fell in love with it. After the movie came out, I ordered the book online and finally I had my own copy of the book. Few weeks ago I read the book again. And by the way I don't like to read e-books, that would be my first and last time reading an e-book, hopefully.

The book is plain and written in simple language so that anyone can understand it. Stephen Chobsky is really a great writer because he never tried to sugar-coat anything in his novel. Any person who possesses heart will be able to feel what the main character (Charlie) feels and will be able to relate to the book. I loved the fact that it was set in early 1990s. Charlie makes senior friends in school, namely Sam and Patrick and both of them are amazing and Charlie's perception of his surrounding is really great! Stephen Chobsky's character development in the novel is worthy of praise. I suggest every young adult and even the adults to read the book. If this book is read at the right time of your life then it sure will become a companion for life, just like it became to me because the book greatly affected me.

I'm in real life, pretty much like Charlie because I'm a wallflower too and we kind of think the same way, however whatever he goes through and I go through are completely different. I really hated myself and this book really made me feel better about myself and I started looking at life in a totally different way.I'll talk about me hating myself later.

The movie is also really good too, Charlie is played by Logan Lerman, Sam by Emma Watson and Patrick by Ezra Miller. The lead performances were strong and the performances of them are reason enough to watch this movie. The movie is directed by Stephen Chobsky himself and so he couldn't go anywhere wrong. The imperfections in the movie makes the movie perfect. I've watched the movie thrice. If you don't like to read books then at least watch the movie. The movie might also help to influence your thoughts about life. The music is great too. The movie and the book differs in ways (like every other book which has been turned into movie), but I think it couldn't have been helped because then the movie would have been NC-17 rated or R at the least. The movie is supposed to have a target audience and hence the rating, PG-13. So I suggest both, to read as well as watch the movie, If you're into reading books and watching movies.

Here's the trailer for the movie, in case if you haven't seen yet. The trailer is although deceptive and it's not a 'typical high school' movie about teenagers. It's so much more than that and travels deep. It's in one line about mental disorder, child abuse and deals with more grave subjects similar to this.


I hope you will someday read and watch the movie.

Love Always,
Bernard.



No comments:

Post a Comment