Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Growing Up and Personal Freedom

The images I used for background and the header were taken in Kunming, China. I was an exchange student in my school's exchange programme and went to China last year. I would not say the trip was comforting but it was one of those trips from which I learned a lot.

Moving further, I will also share my opinion on books which I read (will read) and movies. Well, I'm not really a critic. I'm just an ordinary being like you and me. I face the same problems as you, so there is actually no difference among us. The fact is that we must consider ourselves to be lucky and blessed. I know sometimes a point comes when we give up all our hopes and we don't hold on to that- that we are blessed, we think that the world is cruel to us. And it's normal too, but we anyway go through the bad and when it's gone we still stand on our feet. I mean, come on now, there has to be a time when things will become good. Sometimes it takes time and sometimes it happens in a blink of an eye, however it does happen.

So, I'm actually somewhere in between an high school student and a college student. I gave my board examinations (ISC Class 12) whose results will come out sometime in June. And after that I'll have to start applying in colleges. But I think I am destined to go to St. Xavier's College because I also studied in St. Xavier's School. Yes, it's an university. I have studied there for 13 years and will continue studying in college for more three years, I guess.

I am not a 'nerd' but I do study, may not throughout the year but I study just enough. Even with that amount of studying people around me thinks I'm good at studying. And the people in my society actually thinks I'm good and tell their kids to be like me. I really don't like that. I mean sometimes my parents tell me how some of my cousins look good and are healthy as they go to gym and they try to tell me that I should be more like them by eating good nutritious food and exercising, and how I hate this. The fact is that I want people to be themselves, they should NOT be like anyone or follow anyone's footsteps. However, they should learn from others mistakes so that they don't repeat them and the matter ends there. The should create a different path altogether and eventually by doing so, they will make mistakes, it's inevitable. But that's good, because that means they are normal and they are experiencing life.

So If you're a mom or a dad reading this, tell your kids to learn from your own or others mistakes, and encourage them to pursue what they want. I'm quiet sure teenagers and kids these days cannot be managed with military precision. Give them the amount of freedom which is required, giving more or less can be bad.

I guess that's it for now. Have a good day or night.

Love always,
Bernard.

No comments:

Post a Comment