Thursday, April 18, 2013

The Catcher In The Rye And Curing Mental Disorder

So, I've read this book called The Cather In The Rye, by J.D. Salinger.

The beginning is a bit slow. But eventually it becomes a slow drug. I don't know. What I've concluded is that not everyone will like that book. The reason why, is because it's very different and you need patience to read. (If you're struggling with 'Patience' then please read my last post). It is an amazing character study. Once you have finished reading, your thoughts might actually be influenced by the thoughts of Holden Caulfield (the main character in the book). The book is written in first person, so you can actually know what Holden is thinking. It's really different. A lot of you might think the book might be like The Perks Of Being A Wallflower, but trust me it's not! It's way different than that! Personally, I like the latter book more, but you cannot really judge! Because The Catcher In The Rye was published much before The Perks Of Being A Wallflower. And apparently Charlie from The Perks Of Being A Wallflower also likes The Catcher In The Rye.

I think you should read the book, once. If you're not a fan of a slow pacing book, then you can always borrow one. I bought it. I really wanted to buy the book. But I didn't get a new copy, I got a second hand copy. The pages have a strong yellowish tinge, but I didn't mind! I just wanted to read it. If you know me personally I could give you my copy to read. But I know, that's not going to happen in a while. I really liked the way how Holden thought. But yes, I can tell why that book is frequently challenged book. I don't want to spoil any incident of the book. To know it, you must read. Now don't be so lazy.

Anyway, It's mostly about the incidents which follows when he gets thrown out of the school. To put it in more school appropriate terms, he was expelled and he obviously had mental disorder. I mean all the mental disorder people thinks different than normal persons. That's what makes them a bit more special. They see the world in a different light than what normal people see. And when they learn how to put all that negativity to do something positive, they can create wonders! If you are one and you are undiagnosed. Let me tell you, something- there's nothing wrong with you. If you don't have any friends, I can be your friend. You're gifted! You're not like anyone in the world, which is a good thing. If everyone were the same, then everyone would have been like Einstein at some point.

So keep embracing yourself! Try to put the negativity into something positive. Like for example, when I'm sad I usually write, and sometimes I write songs. They turn out to be good, I'm not boasting or anything. I'm just giving you an example. You have to find it, by the way, how can you put all that negativity! Find that positive thing, and you'll realize how special you are!

Love Always,
Bernard.

No comments:

Post a Comment