Friday, April 19, 2013

Blue Valentine and Marriage on the rocks.

Today, I've actually got some time and watched the movie called Blue Valentine. It stars Ryan Gosling and Michelle Williams. I thing, which I can say without any doubt is that they've given their career defining performances! They were really good. The movie actually has a lot of levels for both of them which gives them an opportunity to display their acting skills and talent.

The script and the performances of the primary actors are reason enough to watch the film. The direction is also quiet sensitive. The narration of the movie too, I found to be innovative. The story is quiet simple and thus makes it even more ironically intense. I've really seen some movies where they have a simple plot (nothing quiet special) but they somehow make it intense with the performances of the actors.

So this film is about a relationship which springs out of a 'love at first sight' between Cindy (Williams) and Dean (Gosling). The film has it's own way to proceed by contrasting the past with the present. I found this to be genius because this compels the story to be quiet interesting and less boring. These type of movies can suffer with the slow pacing, but this was perfectly alright. At present, their marriage is on the rocks and they a daughter, I think around 5 or 6 years. The daughter was actually not planned. They both decide to marry after Cindy becomes pregnant and they both have a different outlook on life.

I really won't spoil how the movies ends but all I will say is that the it was heartbreaking. I felt more bad for their daughter than anyone else. And that's how I got my today's subject for this post.

Now, if you're married and you think that the whole marriage thing was a mistake and all, you really need to think for days. Every married couple at one point has to face this kind of situation. That's when they're tested, may be by God, if you believe in God. That's when you really have to be careful and extricate yourself from that situation. YOU HAVE TO TRY HARD! You can't just wait for one another. You have to spark the fire back again. If it's possible, both of you mutually decide to isolate yourselves, may be for a week. During that period think about what would happen to others like your children if you have. You'll see that you'll begin to miss each other and that has to happen. If it doesn't that means you are guilty of something which you need to clear out. Try and save your relationship and marriage. Divorce might look as a solution in the short run, but always remember it will haunt you and will have an impact in the long run.

I think that all I have to say now. I'll be thinking how to improve on my posts. Hopefully, I'll be better and better with each time I write!

Have a nice day or a good night!

Love Always,
Bernard.

No comments:

Post a Comment